4 Mixtures That Completely Remove Plaque From Your Teeth
The most important thing when it comes to your health is your oral health, and not only for cosmetic reasons. Actually, you need to take care of your teeth and gums and this should be a priority. If you take proper care it can prevent problems like gum disease, teeth decay, and bad breath. Moreover, poor oral health has been connected to serious health problems. This is what has been discovered when it comes to this problem:
- A team of researchers at Harvard University has found a strong link between gum disease and pancreatic cancer
- There is a strong, well-established correlation between dental hygiene and heart disease
- A team of researchers at New York University found a link between gum inflammation and Alzheimer`s disease
Plaque forms when bacteria and food byproducts and proteins are coating the teeth and they are sticking to fillings. When this hardens, it will turn into tartar and it can lead to inflammation and gum disease. Gum inflammation is also known as gingivitis and if you discover it on time, it is treatable.
What to Do About It?
- Make sure you brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Use some high-quality toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush. Battery-operated and electronic toothbrushes are the best for removing plaque.
- Use a good technique. Brush the chewing surfaces, on the inside and out, also the tongue.
- Take care of the equipment. Just rinse and store the toothbrush in an upright position. Do not cover the brush with anything if you want to prevent the growth of bacteria.
- Replace the brush every three to four months.
These 4 natural mixtures can remove plaque from the teeth.
- Mint oil
Just mix a couple of drops of the ingredients in a glass of water. Then, rinse the teeth with it 4-5 times a day.
- ½ cup rosemary
- 1 cup of fresh mint
- 2 cups of water
Bring the water to boil and when it does add the mint and rosemary. Then, let it cool down for 15 minutes and strain it. Just make sure you rinse the mouth well when it cools down.
- 7 tbsp of coconut oil
- 7 tbsp. baking soda
- Essential oil (tea tree oil or clove essential oil)
- 1 ½ tbsp. of Stevia
Take all the ingredients and mix them all together to make a paste that has a consistent texture. Then, use it instead of your toothpaste.
According to one study, clove and tea tree oil can help in inhibiting plaque and treat some bacterial strains.
- Coconut oil
Take one tablespoon of coconut oil and swish in the mouth for 15 minutes. Do this daily in order to fight bacteria, prevent cavities, whiten your teeth and clean the mouth’s orifices.