This Bath Pulls Toxins Out of the Body; Improves Muscle and Nerve Function, Reduces Inflammation and Improves Blood Flow
Epsom salts have been used for a long time now by different cultures around the world. This is due to the huge amount of benefits they offer. They can be used to detoxify the body, clean the house and even gardening. Epsom salts are actually really cheap and you can find them in every garden center. Thus, trying an Epsom salt bath is a must, it will help you detox both your mind and body.
These baths got their name after the bitter saline spring in Epsom, which is in Surrey, England. It is very different from the traditional one when it comes to the structure due to the fact that this one is a pure mineral component of magnesium and sulfate. Both of the minerals offer powerful health benefits and they can detoxify the body in a completely natural way.
How Does an Epsom Salt Bath Work?
The magnesium and the sulfate are bioavailable and they can be absorbed through the skin. The skin, which is the largest organ of the body, takes the mineral inside and it eliminates the toxic matter. With the Epsom salt, it creates a process known as reverse osmosis. This process will remove the toxins and salt from the body and at the same time, it will permit the magnesium and the sulfates to enter the body.
The magnesium is involved in more than 352 enzymes and it can help in improving the nerve and muscle function. Moreover, it will improve blood flow and oxygenation, and it will reduce inflammation. Furthermore, sulfates are building blocks for healthy nerves, skin, and joint tissues. Epsom salts are a combination of these minerals and they will help you pull out all the toxins from the system.
Plus, if you use these baths all the time, it can improve conditions like gout, sprains, muscle soreness, toenail fungus, and athlete’s foot. Also, it will help people that suffer from chronic pain or chronic disease because it will de-flame the body, detoxify the system, and improve mineral balance.
It is extremely rare, however, bear in mind that there might be some contradictions, especially if you are dehydrated, you have open wounds or are pregnant. We would advise also people that are suffering from cardiovascular diseases to consult their doctor before attempting this.
How to Take an Epsom Salt Bath
First, you need to know that you will need 40 minutes. 20 minutes are needed to remove the toxic matter and 20 to let the body absorb the minerals.
First, fill the bath with water. Make sure you have a water filtration system in the home because tap water most likely contains toxic fluoride, dioxins, heavy metals, and toxic chlorine. Then, add the Epsom salt in the amounts below:
- Children under 60 lbs: Add ½ cup of salts to a standard size bath
- Individuals between 60-100 lbs: Add 1 cup of salts to a standard size bath
- People between 100-150 lbs: Add 1 ½ cup of salts to a standard size bath
- Individuals between 150-200 lbs: Add 2 cups of salts to a standard size bath
- For every 50lbs larger: Add in an additional ½ cup of salts
Another way that you can take an Epsom salt is orally. Just do the following:
- The day when you are planning to do the detox, make sure you eat breakfast and lunch without fats. You can consume vegetables, cooked cereal, and toast.
- Then, mix 4 tablespoons of Epsom salt with 3 cups of water.
- Drink 3/4 of the Epsom salt at 6 PM.
- Drink the second one at 8 PM.
- Mix 1/2 cup of olive oil and 1/2 cup of grapefruit juice and drink it at 10 PM.
- Drink a 3/4 cup of Epsom salt mix in the morning.
- Take a final 3//4 cup two hours after.
That is all! Good Luck!